Query of property ownership via SIX Terravis
Most of the communes can access ownership information using the SIX Terravis service (92% of the parcels are covered). Terravis is the electronic information portal for land registry data in Switzerland. Using a two-way SSL connection ownership is queried directly accessing the land registries of the canton.
GeoGR is constantly evolving and the 2015 release offers a large number of improvements:
- New Maps and new Views
- 28 new layers on infrastructure
- Google Maps: Street and Aerial Maps
- 3D using Google Earth
- Google StreetView Integration
- Distance measurement with profile generation
- Bookmark functionality supporting maps, layers, drawings etc. (example with two external WMS Layers)
- Support for external Web Mapping Services (WMS)
- Layer sequence and transparency
- PDF optional coordinate grid / Offline PDF generation
- New import and export processes
Some of the new functions in detail:
Google Maps, StreetView, and Earth Integration
Integration of street and aerial maps with on-the-fly reprojection.
StreetView integration with some differences to Google Maps:
- Clicking (not dragging) the StreetView icon searches the nearest StreetView object
- User can move the StreetView object in the map, the nearest StreetView object is shown
- Navigation inside StreetView is reflected in the map (position and direction).
Google Earth functionality: The activated layers are shown in Google Earth. The WMS support of GE, however, is a bit "fuzzy".
Adding external WMS Layers
We are not the first one implementing that, but we think the first ones supporting all possible functions:
- Layer filter
- Description (if available)
- Legend (if available)
- Query feature information (if available and respecting the rules)